Sunday, April 15, 2012

BBC "Grenade" vs CG "Agro" Comparison

Hello lovely ladies and lacquered lads... Today, I saw a swatch of CG "Agro", and it's a gorgeous color... but it reminded me very much of my beloved third-ever color, BB Couture For Men "Grenade". So, here's a comparison:

The index & ring have Grenade, the middle and pinky have Agro. Please excuse the sloppy cuticles - I was rushing to catch the sun...

Taken in full sun:

Taken in indirect sunlight:

These colors are very similar, but they're not dupes. The Agro has more of the gold shimmer, in the sunlight it's almost hard to call it a green. The Grenade shows a more subtle gold shimmer in the sun, and is a deeper, more elegant green indoors and in the shade.

Application was great with both products - I slapped these on thick, with little drying between coats, and both were very forgiving... no bubbles or dragging from either one. If I didn't have either, I'd be happy with the other, but if I could only pick one, I would take the Grenade. OTOH, the Grenade costs more, and I had to order mine, while China Glaze is available at many conveniently located cosmetics retailers!

Considering the similarity between these two colors, I would guess that Agro might have been inspired by Grenade - but that's PURELY a guess. IF it's true, that would mean that China Glaze is trying to emulate a MEN'S Nail Color - which I see as an awesome sign for the whole male polish "movement".

I purchased each of these with my own money, and I have not been compensated in any way for this review.

6 comments :

  1. When I saw a swatch of Agro, I also thought of Grenade. However, now that I see you pictures, they are less similar than I thought. They are different enought to have both. Thanks for the side by side comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of buying Agro, but I havent yet. Your post has pushed me over the edge and I totally will now. Have you read The Hunger Games? Im on the third book right now. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comparison! I wasn't wild about any of the Capitol Colors, but I'm slowly coming around to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Argo but haven't tried the BB Couture! Thanks for the comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!

    I nominated you for a Versatile Blogger Award!

    http://paintontheglitz.blogspot.com/2012/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog! I passed up Agro the first time around, but have been regretting that decision lately, lol.

    ReplyDelete